How to Start Losing Weight Without DietingJan 11, 2023
It's the new year and time to start losing your excess weight for the last time! Changing how you think about food and eating (your mindset) will enable you to lose weight and keep it off (see last week’s post); however, there are also some things you can do that will help you on your journey. Such as:
- Write down the reasons why you want to lose weight. Review your "whys" frequently and add to them.
- Plan your meals either the night before or in the morning. Include foods you enjoy. If you love some “unhealthy” foods, include them in your food plan. Also, put snacks in your plan if you like to snack.
- Make your food plans “doable. It’s better to include "unhealthy" foods and more food than you think you can eat than to make unrealistic plans.
- Pay attention to your hunger signals and eat only when hungry as much as possible.
- Only snack if you’re hungry.
- Stop eating when satisfied but not stuffed or uncomfortable.
- When you ignore or choose not to follow your plan, write down what you ate instead and why you made that choice.
- Be curious when you don’t follow your plan – not judgmental.
- Weigh yourself daily or weekly – your choice. Your weight is data that will let you know if your efforts are working.
- When you don't follow your plan, write down what happened – how you felt and anything else that seems significant so you can learn for the future.
- Choose to drink water or non-caffeinated drinks most of the time. Try for 6-8 cups a day. Increase your fluids gradually if you’re currently drinking less.
- Try to get 7-9 hours of sleep at night.
- Journal about where you're having problems and where you're getting stuck.
If your efforts to lose weight on your own are not working, I can help you reach your goals. Schedule a no-obligation, no-pressure zoom call with me at: https://calendly.com/coachbarbarakatz/60min.
Share this post with a friend who is trying to lose weight, and if you are not getting my weekly posts, sign up on my website:
If you have any questions, you can reach me at:
Stay connected with the latest blogs, newsletters, and updates!
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.